Target Audience: CPAs, EAs, RTRPs
CPE Hours: 1.5 credits for CPAs; 1 credit for EAs and RTRPs
Field of Study: Taxation (NASBA); Federal Tax (IRS)
Seminar Level: Beginner
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING CPE CREDIT: THE IRS RETURN PREPARER OFFICE ACCEPTS THIS SEMINAR FOR ONE (1) CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION (CPE) CREDIT FOR ENROLLED AGENTS (EA). IF YOU ARE NOT AN ENROLLED AGENT, PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR RESPECTIVE STATE LICENSING AGENCY REGARDING ACCEPTABILITY OF THIS CREDIT.
IRS COMMUNICATIONS AND LIAISON IS REGISTERED WITH THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF STATE BOARDS OF ACCOUNTANCY (NASBA) AS A SPONSOR OF CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION ON THE NATIONAL REGISTRY OF CPE SPONSORS. STATE BOARDS OF ACCOUNTANCY HAVE FINAL AUTHORITY ON THE ACCEPTANCE OF INDIVIDUAL COURSES FOR CPE CREDIT. COMPLAINTS REGARDING REGISTERED SPONSORS MAY BE SUBMITTED TO THE NATIONAL REGISTRY OF CPE SPONSORS THROUGH ITS WEBSITE: WWW.LEARNINGMARKET.ORG.
DISCLAIMER: THIS SEMINAR WAS FILMED IN ORLANDO, FLORIDA, ON JULY 12, 2011, AND THE INFORMATION WAS CORRECT AT THE TIME OF RECORDING.
The Wage and Investment operating division delivered this seminar at the IRS Nationwide Tax Forum in Orlando, Florida, in July 2011.
In this special expanded session, IRS panelists will provide updates on the latest changes to tax laws and tax forms. This seminar will include changes for individuals and businesses, including reporting requirements and penalties that may affect tax returns, and new tax law legislation and its implementation by the IRS.
By the end of this presentation you will:
- Know how tax law changes affect Roth IRAs and designated Roth accounts
- Learn you can treat a qualified charitable distribution made in January 2011 as a 2010 distribution
- Find out about new Form 8949 that replaces Schedule D-1
- Hear about the revised Form 1099-B and basis reporting requirements
- Know the changes to Forms W-2 and W-3
- Learn about expired provisions for individuals
- Get information on the New Hire Retention Credit
- Learn about changes to vehicle credits
No prerequisites or advanced preparation are required for this seminar.