SEP Plan Pitfalls: Use the IRS SEP Plan Fix-It Guide to Keep Your Clients Out of Trouble
Target Audience: CPAs, EAs, RTRPs
Field of Study: Taxation (NASBA); Federal Tax (IRS)
Seminar Level: Beginner
IRS COMMUNICATIONS AND LIAISON IS REGISTERED WITH THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF STATE BOARDS OF ACCOUNTANCY (NASBA) AS A SPONSOR OF CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION ON THE NATIONAL REGISTRY OF CPE SPONSORS. STATE BOARDS OF ACCOUNTANCY HAVE FINAL AUTHORITY ON THE ACCEPTANCE OF INDIVIDUAL COURSES FOR CPE CREDIT. COMPLAINTS REGARDING REGISTERED SPONSORS MAY BE SUBMITTED TO THE NATIONAL REGISTRY OF CPE SPONSORS THROUGH ITS WEBSITE: WWW.LEARNINGMARKET.ORG.
DISCLAIMER: THIS SEMINAR WAS FILMED IN ORLANDO, FLORIDA, ON AUGUST 4, 2009, AND THE INFORMATION WAS CORRECT AT THE TIME OF RECORDING.
The Employee Plans office of the Tax Exempt and Government Entities operating division delivered this seminar at the Orlando Nationwide Tax Forum in August 2009.
This seminar provides information on how to use the IRS SEP Plan Fix-It Guide to identify and correct mistakes the IRS frequently sees in SEP plans. EP also provides tips on how to can avoid these errors in the future.
By the end of this presentation you will:
- recognize how to help your clients find, fix and avoid common errors in SEP plans.
- identify the three basic steps in setting up an SEP.
- differentiate between the characteristics of various Self-Correction Programs and when they apply.
- be aware of mistakes commonly found in SEP plans.
- find out how you can sign up for regular newsletters for employers.
No prerequisites or advanced preparation are required for this seminar.